Tax filing reminders
- September 15 – Third quarter installment of 2014 individual estimated income tax is due.
- September 15 – Filing deadline for 2013 tax returns for calendar-year corporations that
received an automatic extension of the March 17 filing deadline.
- September 15– Filing deadline for 2013 partnership tax returns that received an extension of
the April 15 filing deadline.
- October 1 – Generally, the deadline for businesses to adopt a SIMPLE retirement plan for
- October 15 – Deadline for filing 2013 individual tax returns on extension.
IRS publishes 2015 HSA contribution limits
The IRS has announced the inflation-adjusted contribution limits for health savings accounts (HSAs) for 2015. HSAs allow taxpayers with high-deductible health insurance plans to set aside pretax dollars that can be withdrawn tax-free to pay unreimbursed medical expenses.
The 2015 contribution limit for individuals is $3,350; the limit for family coverage is $6,650. A catch-up contribution of an additional $1,000 is permitted for individuals who are 55 or older.