It’s time to file various tax returns once again. Among the tax deadlines you may be required to meet in
the next few months are the following:
- January 18 – Due date for the fourth quarterly installment of 2010 estimated taxes for individuals
unless you file your tax return and pay any taxes due by January 31.
- January 31 – Employers must furnish 2010 W-2 statements to employees. Payers must furnish
payees with Form 1099s for various payments made. (The deadline for providing Form 1099B and
consolidated statements to customers is February 15.)
- January 31 – Employers must generally file annual federal unemployment tax returns.
- February 28 – Payers must file information returns, such as Form 1099s, with the IRS. This deadline
is extended to March 31 for electronic filing.
- February 28 – Employers must send Form W-2 copies to the Social Security Administration. This
deadline is extended to March 31 for electronic filing.
- March 1 – Farmers and fishermen who did not make 2010 estimated tax payments must file 2010 tax
returns and pay taxes in full.
- April 18 – Individual federal income tax returns for 2010 are due.
If you have questions about tax filing deadlines in 2011, contact us today.